We are flying home on the Fourth of July. Exhausted from a week of non-stop fun in Florida. Here are a few travel tips to share if a Florida adventure is in your summer plans.
1) Sunscreen from head to toe. Rash guards are a must. Funny how much more powerful that Florida sun is, even for this California girl!
2) Bug Repellent from day one…especially in the Florida Keys! We are still scratching the bites on the airplane ride home.
3) Plan for rain, thunder, and lightening. In some situations you can just ignore the rain, but more than once our aquatic adventures were cut short due to the threat of lightening. Have a back up plan (We found a local bowling alley to while away a rainy afternoon)
4) Expect to do a lot of driving, especially in the Florida Keys. It took us two and half hours to drive from Key West to Key Largo after dark. (The speed limit goes down after dark.)
5) Pick a family friendly home base with a great pool We enjoyed our stays at the