My little ones are very jealous! Big Brother and Daddy are going camping with the Cub Scous this weekend. This is a favorite activity for the little ones. Adding to the challenge, the big boys are taking our only car. (Our old commuter car died and we are saving up for Dad’s dream vehicle…a used SUV.)
What’s a family travel guru to do? Here’s a list of adventures we may have this weekend to keep us all in good spirits until Daddy gets home. Hopefully if I do one or two they will go to bed early and sleep all night!
1) Take the dog for a walk on a local wooded hiking trail.
2) Dust off the jogging stroller and walk to nearby BatiquitosLagoon-the kids can walk the trail when we get there.
3) Swim in our pool. (Sure it’s November but this is Southern California…it’s still in the 70′s and 80′s)
4) Walk to a local park.
5) Break out the Sidewalk Chalk.
6) Dig out those frozen yogurt coupons and walk to the yogurt store for a treat.
7) Little Kids movie night with lots of popcorn.
8) Practice our tricycle skills at the little rock garden by our house.
9) Set up our own tent in the back yard.
10) If I wasn’t on a budget, I would bum a ride to the train station and hop a Coaster Train to Old Town and have a picnic.
Any more ideas????